Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Second Ann Arbor GP38 is Down and Needs Repair

It was bound to happen. The GP38 locomotive manufactured by Atlas has stopped working. The last time this happened it was the can motor that just wore out. This looks like the same problem it was running fine one day and the next day it just stopped running. The last time I took it to Brasseur Electric Trains in Saginaw Michigan for repair. It was a bit pricey but the work made up for it. They replaced the motor and it is now running just fine. The need for repair is no surprise to me as I run my trains every day for long periods of time. I hope this time the repair will not take as long as last time.
The Model
The actual locomotive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments