Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Repair Did Not Last

In December I reported that the repair on my Ann Arbor GP38 locomotive was completed. I was able to run the engine for a few weeks and then it stopped running altogether. I will need to take it back to Brasseur Electric Trains in Saginaw Michigan to find out what happened. I suspect they did not replace the can motor as I had hoped they would. They most likely just cleaned it up and got the old motor running which would explain the cheep cost of the repair. unfortunately I did not keep the paperwork that would shed some light on the repair work that was done. Oh well we live and learn. When the repair came back I was wondering why it ran so sluggishly, it just didn't have the pep that it had before. Well this time I will monitor the repair more closely.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments