Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

My Inventory Is Growing

I have been using the program called "Yard Office" to log my inventory of Locomotives and rolling stock that I have collected to support my hobby of model railroading. I have managed to log in all the stock into this program which allows me to print off a wide variety of reports. I can also create custom reports. so my every need is met with information on my stock at my fingertips. I have concentrated primarily on HO scale and supplemented my inventory with G scale to occupy my summers. There is a large G scale track out in my backyard.


Lately however, I have become interested in N scale. I began by creating a coffee table layout featuring an Ann Arbor freight train. The layout is progressing along and will provide me with a lot more hours of enjoyment as I complete the landscaping.


I have planned a new much larger N scale layout that is still in the planning stages. My plan is to have two tracks powered by separate transformers allowing each track to run a train independently. The first track I have already decided will be a Canadian National freight train I have already began to accumulate the rolling stock and the track to support this effort.


The second track I have not yet began to plan out so far I was thinking a passenger train would be nice.
I began pricing the passenger cars in N scale and discovered the cost is a bit prohibitive. so I am still wide open as to what the second track would run.


Lastly I began putting together an HO layout for my grand kids. Its a BNSF freight train. So far I have been working on creating a model of their house and barn.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments