Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Repair Disapointment


I called Brasseur's Electric Trains in Saginaw Michigan to inquire about a reapir I was having done on my New York Central PA locomotive. They repaired it once and when I picked it up and took it home I discovered that it still did not work. So I asked them to replace the motor and that was all. The first repair cost me $40.00 and when it did not work it was my understanding that that amount would be credited to the bill for having the motor replaced. I called them today to ask how much I owed for the repair and was flored to find out that the bill was in excess of $160.00. that is almost enough to by a new locomotive. I have had motors replaced by them before and the part was around $25.00 to $30.00 with a minimal labor charge of around $40.00. Something is not right with this bill. Up untill now I had been very happy with the repair service I had recieved from Brasseurs. This may cause me to change my mind.
 
I just got a call from Brasseurs Electric Trains about an hour after I posted what you see above. There was an error in the bill the total came to $42.00 for the repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments