Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

Outdoors is Calling Me

Since the weather has been so warm, I have been able to expand the outdoor track and double it's size. The track is now a large L shape. I have been killing off the grass and pulling weeds as well as putting down the new track. My efforts yesterday exposed a few of the buildings that need repair. My wife Sandy has dug in and did a lot of work cleaning up the overgrowth of the ground cover and sweeping up all the leaves and other dead fall in the area. She always works so hard to get the track ready for the season every year.

I ran the locomotive around the new track and it worked just fine except for a few spots along the track that it slowed down to a near stop. I need to look into that a bit further maybe the track connections or possible dirty track could be the cause, we will see. I plan to repair the broken structures today and check into the track as well.

I know I am running late this year getting the garden train up and running, but the weather has not been my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments