Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The N Scale Coffee Table Layout Is Progressing Just Fine


My N Scale coffee table layout is coming along, the bulk of the work is complete. I need to work on the edges of the table on the outside of the tracks and put down some more grass. at the bottom of the picture is roughly where the forest will go. I will most likely add another house on the edge of the forest. I still need to make the trees I will be using to create the forest. I am hoping I can enlist the help of my wife Sandy to do the landscaping around the houses. She did such a great job on my indoor HO scale layout. The layout is not modeled after anything in existence. I have called the small town "Salt Creek" after the original name for the village of Shepherd Michigan. There is a small farm, a church, a general store, a school, a hotel, a train station, and three houses. as you can tell there is still a bit more I need to add. The train I am running is an Ann Arbor freight train consisting of 3 box cars, a tank car, 2 covered hoppers, a coal hopper, a gondola, and a caboose. any more and my train will be to big for the limited space afforded by the coffee table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments