Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2014

My Grandchildren's Layout


This weekend, my grandchildren came over for a visit. I had their BNSF HO layout all set up for them to play with. I had purchased two cars before they came over one was a BNSF 50 foot gondola with it's own scrap metal load and the other was a BNSF 50 foot boxcar. My grand kids, Billy and Emma had fun playing with the throttle controlling the speed and stops the train was making. They also had fun placing people on the layout.

When we are playing with the train we talk all about the train and where it goes across the United States. They are learning Geography and all about railroad operations and they don't even mind. I even discussed my plan to create an N scale Canadian National layout. This caught their interest because they have relatives in Canada.

My grand kids are not strangers to model railroading, they have watched me create a large HO scale layout featuring a New York Central Passenger train and an Ann Arbor freight train.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments