Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Great Debate

I have been debating what scale I should concentrate on. So far I have built a large HO scale layout on my sun porch, a large G scale layout in my back yard, and a small N scale coffee table layout in my library. I have two layouts in the planning stages a large N scale layout and a smaller HO scale layout for my grandchildren.

The N scale layout is the Canadian National layout I have been talking a lot about lately. with it I can cover a lot more scale miles and have a greater variety of landscapes and structures. I have already begun to accumulate the parts such as track and cars to put the layout together.


The HO scale layout is not so far along I have a small amount of track, enough to run a small oval, and a BNSF locomotive and caboose along with a boxcar, gondola, and 3 bay hopper. there are also some street signs and telephone poles that I can integrate into the layout. The grandchildren seem to like it and we have talked about buying a barn and a farmhouse for the layout as well.


What do you think I should concentrate on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments