Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Grand Kids BNSF Railway


I tried to put the grand kids BNSF Railway layout under the family Hanukkah Bush. It looked great but took up to much space. and diden't leave enough room for the gifts. I have upgraded the track from metal alloy to nickle silver Bachmann EZtrack. The layout consists of a small oval with 3 rerailer sections on the straight aways. I think I am going to need to replace the coupler on the locomotive as it uncouples at random if the train is not on a completely smooth surface. Considering the size of the layout I believe it is large enough for the kids to enjoy without needing to grow it in size.


The above map is the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway or BNSF Railway system map. As you can see it is a combination of the old Burlington Northern and the old Santa Fe Railroads. My layout is, as you can tell a lot smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments