Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Still Plugging Away At The Grand Kids Layout


I am still figuring for 3 loops. So far 2 are nearly complete. The BNSF loop is the most complete. I would like to get another locomotive to pull the freight train and maybe replace some of the track sections as they are not in the best of shape.
The central loop is the CSX loop I can currently run a freight train on this loop. I have an old CSX locomotive I can run, it needs repair. I have 2 dash8 locomotives and some rolling stock on hold at Mountain Town Hobbies that I need to find the money for. This loops track is all set and ready to go.
The last loop I am just starting to put together I still need all the track the transformer and 2 ES44AC locomotives on hold at Mountain Town Hobbies. The transformer I plan to pick up at the train show in Lansing Michigan this fall in Mid November.

All 3 of these railroads represent the freight service that currently serve the mainland 48 states of the USA. I still need to pick up 2 4x8 sheets of plywood to put the track on. and I have a Dairy Queen restaurant That I need to buy and put together to support the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments