Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The attention turns to the outdoors

My thoughts are turning to making ready the garden railroad for the spring season. There are about 4 buildings in need of repair, and a bit of track leveling I will need to do. As usual I plan to expand the layout, so I will need more track. The bulk of the track I am going to need is straight sections. Unfortunately the outdoor track I want is very expensive so that part is going to take a bit of time for me to save up the money. This plan for the new layout will take track into new areas of the yard. the ground will need to be leveled and a firm roadbed will need to be established. The plan also includes the inner and outer tracks.

Currently the inner track accommodates a gandydancer which is a real hoot to see running around the track. The outer track is used for a New York Central freight train. I currently have around 6 freight cars and a caboose pulled by an F A unit. I had the chance to pick up on an F B unit but I passed it by. I am kicking myself over that choice. I still am looking for a place to run my Pere Marquette steam locomotive and caboose, and naturally I will need more track.

Well as you can see this is most definitely  a long term pipe dream, but you achieve those dreams by chipping away at them piece by piece. I will fill you in later as to how the dream is coming along so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments