Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

Constant use Requires Periodic Repair

I run my layout just about every day. This results in a lot of wear and tear on my locomotives. My Ann Arbor GP38 road number 7791 stopped running so I took it into Brasseur Electric Trains in Saginaw Michigan for repair.

The picture above shows the Locomotive manufactured by Atlas where a different road number is shown it is the same as you see pictured here.

At first it was thought that there were carpet fibres caught in the works so it would require a cleaning and then would be just fine. After taking it apart and beginning the cleaning it was discovered that the motor was just about worn out and may need to be replaced. The technician working on the locomotive left for vacation during the 4th of July and would not be able to complete the job for a few weeks. Once the job is completed I will be running 2 Ann Arbor EMD GP38s  Numbers 7791 and 7802 to pull my freight train on the layout. I will let you know my satisfaction level of the repair service as soon as the work is complete.

Above is a photo of the actual EMD GP38 #7791
EMD GP38 #7802 Photo of model

Above is a photo of the actual EMD GP38 #7802

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments