Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Building The Grand Kids Layout

As I put together the component parts of what will be the Grand Kids layout I find I am having a blast. The layout will consist of 3 mainline tracks.
The design is simple, as it consists of simple ovals the inner oval is a 18 inch radius which will be used to model the BNSF Railway that much is already put together in the current Grand Kids layout.
The centeral oval is a 22 inch radius oval which will be used to model CSX Transportation. I have just begun to accumulate the track and rolling stock I need to use to make it a reality.
Finally the outer oval will be a 26 inch radius oval to model the Norfolk Southern Railway I have three packs of track on hold at Mountain Town Hobbies in Mount Pleasant Michigan I only need one more pack to complete the oval. the rolling stock and locomotives have already come in.
All of the track will be Bachmann EZtrack as I find it to be good track to use that looks good as well.
Modeling these railroads allows me to go coast to coast in the contental United States

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments