Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

Building a Residential Area

After laying out the roads, I began to build a residential area on my layout. I cut grass mats to use for the lawn areas and glued them to the table surface. I positioned 5 houses on the lawn areas. I put glue on the table surface and sprinkled sand on to the glue to create a gravel parking lot. I positioned a general store next to the parking lot and a road sign on the far end of the lot. I then added a few people around the houses and the general store. I placed a few trees and the result is what you see pictured here.

Sandy will be adding additional landscaping around the houses I think I have a good start. There will be a lot more detail added in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments