Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Attention is Back on the Indoor Layout











The weather has gotten colder over the past week, so I find my efforts going toward the indoor New York Central layout in HO once again. I have been testing where I should be placing the buildings and the farm. I have a good idea what I want to do with the industrial area. I think I want a park next to the hospital. I also placed the coal mine near where I want the freight yard to go. Once the table is built I will have to paint the table top to match the proposed layout. The passenger station and platform will be just off the downtown area.

I plan to pick up on kits for the freight train so I can add three new boxcars, New York Central Pacemaker design. I have also decided to park my NYC rolling stock with the cigar band logo in the freight yard. As of yet I haven't quite figured out just how I am going to configure that freight yard.

The passenger train is about as complete as I am going to make it for now. I just picked up on an RPO that matches the existing cars I have. That completed a task that was five years in the making. It was produced by Walthers and they stopped making it about five years ago. I got lucky after I posted my desire to find one on the internet. To my surprise someone wrote me back and informed me he had one to sell. The rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments