Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It Got Nice Outside Again

The weather got warmer again and I began to think about the outdoor railroad. It was perfect for sitting and watching the train as it ran through the town. Sandy worked hard on the landscaping for the layout making it look very realistic. I was fortunate to be able to sit and watch the train for a few hours as I began to plan what I wanted to do to make the layout better. I thought hard about the layout's size and the size of my different trains I run on the track.

I checked online and found 2 new cars I would like to add to my G scale rolling stock. I found an Aristocraft New York Central Stock Car for $69.99 in stock at Trainworld in Brooklyn New York for use with my New York Central Freight train. I also found a 20 ft Boxcar at Trainworld for $35.00 to be used with my Santa Fe 0-4-0 switcher.

The track situation is not to good at the moment, as I find the track I am currently running the train on is to small. With the finances being the way they are, and my desire to acquire a table for my indoor track plus all the additional rolling stock I want for both the indoor and outdoor layouts, the track for outdoors will have to wait a while. maybe next year will find the times more favorable. So for now I will just put the track on next years wish list along with a transformer for G scale, wires to run from the track to the new transformer, plus some more track screws to keep the track together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments