Barry's Model Railroad

Barry's Model Railroad

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Tunnel

I guess all I needed to do was to dig in and just make the tunnel that I was so worried about. I used two empty boxes to form the shape of the inside of the tunnel and cut large holes in the sides of the boxes so I could reach in with my hand. The track passed through one of the boxes and the other box served as access from the outside of the tunnel. I then crumpled sheets of paper and attached them to the outside of the boxes to give the mountain its irregular shape and I laid plaster cloth over the structure. the mountain with the tunnel is ready to paint. the opening where I put my hand in to retrieve derailed cars will be made to look like a cave. All in all I think it turned out really good.


It's painted but it needs a lot of detail work to finish off the look I am after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make comments